About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, December 8, 2016

A STRONG CUPPA JOE




"Learning about culture is a part of every Traveler. Know their words and use them. Thanks to I can say coffee in 7 languages"

Yesterday I tweeted this message while still working on my first cup of coffee. It was a halfhearted joke, making a reasonably sincere point.

Then it occurred to me the real value of the statement. In every culture we find both difference and similarities to our own. All too often we focus on the similarities and fear the differences.

But finding those things we have in common can sometimes bridge the gap and make us a bit more bold in exploring those differences.

I can order coffee in seven languages. It's a start.









No comments:

Post a Comment