About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

OUR NATIONAL PARKS - HAPPY 100TH ANNIVERSARY!



Forgive me, but I'm a few days late on this little bit of news. Congratulations to the United States' National Parks Service in honor of its 100th Anniversary.

Over the years we've managed to get to a fair number of the parks, monuments and battlefields. Everything from Wolf Trap Farm Park for the Performing Arts, to the Grand Canyon itself. From Gettysburg National Battlefield to the Everglades to Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii.


It's an amazing legacy and one which our country should be absolutely proud.

I've got a lot more to visit, and I look forward to the many great discoveries to come.





Just a few from my travels....

Hawaii Volcanoes NP
Mt St Helens
El Yunque NP, Puerto Rico
Washington Monument
Liberty Bell and Independence Hall 
Grand Canyon NP
Great Falls Park, Virginia



Mt Haleakala NP, Maui
Painted Desert and Petrified Forest NP




San Antonio Missions (The Alamo)

Valley Forge

Columbia River Gorge

Joshua Tree NP, California

The San Juan Islands NHP





Minute Man NHP

Gateway Arch, St Louis


Arlington National Cemetery
Statue of Liberty

Rocky Mountain NP


Gettysburg NB

Everglades NP


No comments:

Post a Comment