About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

MONUMENT VALLEY, UT - TUCKED INTO THE CANYON


Tucked into a small canyon behind the famous Goulding's Lodge is the village of Oljato-Monument Valley. A post office, school and dozens of residences melding into the rocky gap between two mesas.

In the distance, the suggestion of eternity is held in the silent rock formations of Monument Valley proper. It's a remote and stunning part of the world.

And a handful of Native Americans call it home.



No comments:

Post a Comment