About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

JOSHUA TREE, CA - REMNANTS


If you spend enough time driving the bygone roads of the Southwestern United States this is a scene you will become all-too familiar with.

Service station. Shuttered and in decay.

It harks back to an era when cars needed more constant refueling and frequent equipment repairs. If you grew up in my generation (Baby Boomers) you will have tales of in-desert breakdowns that took ours or even days for repair. 

Today's more reliable and fuel efficient vehicles streak across the desert floor with little effort, leaving these dusty hulks rusting in their wake.



No comments:

Post a Comment