About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

KA LAE, SOUTHERNMOST POINT, HAWAII - DEFYING GRAVITY


This fabulous tree, seeming to defy gravity itself, can be seen along the road on your journey to Ka Lae, the southernmost point on the Big Island of Hawaii, as well as southernmost point in the United States. (Sorry, Key West.)

The gently rolling pastures allow a constant and brisk wind to blow through the tree's branches, virtually "laying it down" over the ground.

On hot days, THIS is a shade tree!







No comments:

Post a Comment