About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

LONDON, UK - THE FUTURE IS NOW



When I was a young boy British television shows were all the rage. The Avengers (no, not THOSE Avengers. The original ones), The Prisoner, The Champions, and, of course, every kid's dream: Thunderbirds.

As such I always believed the British were the future. Always looking to new technologies and embracing them. Looking forward, not backward.

In some ways that was wrong. The British value their traditions and their history. But they also think ahead and are not afraid to do things with a bit of flair.

The London skyline, circa 2015. The future.



No comments:

Post a Comment