About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, May 23, 2016

DAVIDSONVILLE, MD - THE OLD BARN



This old barn has stood alongside a bend in Mount Airy Road for the last thirty-plus years I've been visiting the Annapolis, Maryland area. The tiny town of Davidsonville, to be precise. Regular readers of this column might remember the YOU PICK IT FARM picture I posted a while back -- this is just up the road from that picturesque strawberry patch.

Over those years of visiting family in this region I've photographically documented the ongoing decay of this barn, and hopefully the raw charm of the structure as well.

It now looks likely I will not drive this particular stretch of road again. 

I will miss seeing it...somehow it resonates with my sensibilities.




No comments:

Post a Comment