About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, May 30, 2016

IN MEMORIUM



Today is an American holiday, Memorial Day. We honor those who have sacrificed their lives on behalf of our great nation.

I come from a Navy family, a badge of honor I wear with pride. Part of that identification is knowing people who yet have never come back from what they accepted as their duty.

If you are an American, please give a moment's thought to our fallen soldiers between your bites of barbecue and sports. Look around at your family and realize if it were not for the Fallen, our lives would be very different.

If you are not American, perhaps give a pause for your own nation's heroes. They, too, deserve a moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment