About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

ISLE OF CAPRI, ITALY - JUST OFF THE COAST




What looks like nothing more than a monstrous rock jutting up above the calm Mediterranean is actually the Italian paradise island of Capri as seen from the east side and just off the Amalfi coast at dawn. Our day's plans took us elsewhere, but the early morning encounter with the legendary sialdn was fun.

As I was sitting on board the ship, looking out at Capri as I sipped my first cup of coffee, I recalled a book I'd read in college in which a subplot dealt with a woman - slightly deluded -- hosting a Beverly Hills fundraiser because she'd heard Capri was sinking into the sea. (Something tells me it might have been a Judith Krantz novel, which a friend of mine in college insisted I read.)

In any case, may I present the Isle of Capri as seen from afar.




No comments:

Post a Comment