About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

COLORADO RIVER MORNING, MISSISSIPPI RIVER EVENING - A STUDY IN CONTRASTS


Shot as semi- companion pieces, the photograph of sunset on the Mississippi River (on left), contrasts nicely with the image of sunrise on the Colorado (on right).

I shot one as a landscape to capture the broadness of the Mississippi as it curved its way around a bend, the other as portrait to capture the sunlight as it bounced off the surface of the Colorado. One is shot from Mississippi (near Vicksburg) facing into Louisiana, while the other is from Nevada (near Laughlin) facing towards Arizona.

The red-hued Mississippi sunset also contrasts with the blue-tinted morning Colorado.

As noted, a study in contrasts.







No comments:

Post a Comment