About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, November 14, 2016

AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS - MORNING TRAIN



Amsterdam is known for a good many things. Some historic, some efficient, and some permissive.

On the efficient side are the ubiquitous Amsterdam tramway system, which whisks travelers on more than 200 million rides a year in and around town.

Operated by GVB - Gemeentelijk Vervoerbedrijf - the foreign visitor quickly learns it's a far more dependable and useful system than trying to navigate by car in this dense and sometimes confusing city.






No comments:

Post a Comment