About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

HANA, MAUI - ANOTHER HAPPY PLACE




I recently mentioned having your "Happy Place". I am fortunate to have several, including my home.

This is another one of them, however. On Maui there is a famous drive across the northeastern half of the island. The Road to Hana.

It's a thing. Look it up.

At far end, just after the town of Hana itself (which is wonderful) and before the road curves back towards the rest of civilization, lie a handful of remote and beautiful beaches interlaced with volcanic outcroppings. The combination gives the region a remote and rugged feel.

It's definitely a "Happy Place".




No comments:

Post a Comment