About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

AMBOY-ISH, CA - THE ROAD AHEAD



A little late on posting this morning. Late Halloween night watching SLEEPY HOLLOW and IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN, our go-tos every year at this time.

So it's November, and for me today marks a new beginning in a number of ways. I won't go into detail, save to say it's an arbitrary reset but a necessary one. And time for a Road Trip, I think. 

As the folks at Pontiac (the late and lamented company, not the city in Michigan named for that company) used to say: "Now the excitement REALLY begins."

(Let's hope it has a better outcome for us at the Thumbnail Traveler than it did for Pontiac. Just sayin'.)


Today's shot, continuing in the automotive vein, is one of my favorites of my car - a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, not a Pontiac - in the Mojave Desert on Route 66. In between the struggling town of Amboy, and moved-up-the-road-to-meet-the-Interstate Ludlow. Yes, that's half-millenia-old lava I'm standing on.

Hope to be back up in this area in a couple of weeks if plans go rightly. Nothing like time spent in the desert to reset your perspective on your place in this universe.



Welcome to November. Now the excitement really begins.




2 comments:

  1. There is a gas station in Ludlow that is haunted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. There are several remnants. Going to have to get together and figure out which is which.

      Delete