About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

LONG BEACH, CA - THE OCTOBER COUNTRY



Ever since I read Ray Bradbury's THE OCTOBER COUNTRY and discovered Edgar Allen Poe, I have long associated the month with tales with mystery and imagination.

The weather cools. The moon seems to shine with a slightly colder glow. The nighttime breeze rustles the leaves with just a hint of foreboding. It's one of my favorite months of the year.

There's a chill in the air. Shhhh. Is that something in the dark right behind the door?

Happy October.



No comments:

Post a Comment