About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pic of the Day: Snow Daze



Once again our friends to the east are in the crosshairs of a major winter storm. Build snowmen, have a snowball fights and most importantly drive/walk carefully if you have to be out on the roads.

I was in Philadelphia for the great blizzard of 2009, a massive storm that coated the Eastern Seaboard in several feet of snow and freezing temperatures. As a result, I -- along with millions of others -- was snowed in for four days.

That may sound like fun, but since nothing was open and the roads pretty well impassable, the week consisted of working from the hotel room, eating at the hotel restaurant and two particular Walkabout (slideabout?) jaunts out to take a look around.

This shot amused me with the "Take Out Cold Beer" sign. Yes, I'm easily amused.



No comments:

Post a Comment