About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pic of the Day: We Do Mountains


I was gearing up to change a few illustrations on my various websites and ran across this shot -- just installed as my personal Facebook page header -- of the jeeps we rode to the top of Blackcomb Mountain, a top ski and snowsports center in British Columbia. The mountains was a center point of activity for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

The purpose of our trip was to stand at the edge, looking out over the valley to see the lights of Whisterl well below us, amid otherwise pristine surroundings to watch the sun set over the far range.

It was a spectacular moment neither my wife nor I will ever forget. And it occurs to me that despite her very serious problems with altitude, we've stood atop a number of tall places and things.

Just for the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment