About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pic of the Day: French Dip


Philippe's, just north of downtown Los Angeles near Union Station, is where the legendary French Dip sandwich was created. The lines are long, the rooms chaotic and the mustard very, very hot.

Yeah. We love it.



1 comment:

  1. I remember my dad taking me there when the Ringling Brothers can to town...they would unload at Union Station, and have a parade of the animals down Alameda , about one mile each way...so we stood outside the restaurant and saw everything go by...later on the circus people would come down and have their own tables to eat at...and for many years the owner would put sawdust on the floor to make the circus people feel at home...this is why I love this BLOG...thanks "TT" for the memories.



    ReplyDelete