About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

LUDLOW, CALIFORNIA - DESERT TIME



I have noted, a few times, that my
"escape zone" is in the Mojave Desert, a few hours to the East of the Los Angeles area.

There's a serenity there. A solitude. It puts you back in your place and 
settles your mind on the importance of things quite nicely.

Particularly at dawn or dusk, when the world seems to hold its breath for an instant.

As a kid I hated the desert. Too boring.

Now, though I would never consider living there,
the desert is one of my most important "Happy Places".

I hope, soon, to get a visit scheduled to help settle my unsettled mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment