About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - WARNER BROTHER STUDIO ENTRANCE 4



It's funny. I live in one of the most dreamed about spots in the world, and yet it's rare I think to post shots of Los Angeles and environs.

We all know the term Hollywood as it refers to a district of Los Angeles. 

("What? I thought it was its own city!" Nope, sorry.)

What may surprise you further is that only one of the legendary film studios is actually IN Hollywood. Paramount Pictures. The other studio lots are sprinkled throughout the city and the San Fernando Valley.

The film LaLaLand partly takes place on the lot below. It's the Warner Brothers lot in the Valley, wedged between Universal and Disney.  Behind it are the wilds of Griffith Park, and beyond the hill lies Hollywood proper.


Thus endeth the movie studio lesson for today.







No comments:

Post a Comment