About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

MONTEPULCIANO, ITALY - CONTUCCI WINE CELLAR BARRELS



Among my very favorite wines are reds from the Tuscan region of Montepulciano.

The town is perched on a hilltop, dating to Roman times.  It has been a commercial and culinary center for centuries, and is justifiably famous worldwide for its wines.

The Contucci winery tasting room sits just adjacent to the town's main square, amidst the history and grandeur of buildings which are hundreds of years old and can be traced back as far as the 13th century. The wine isn't aged quite that long. 

If you're a wine lover, Montepulciano is a name you should certainly have in your database.




No comments:

Post a Comment