About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

MOJAVE DESERT - LONESOME ROAD



The desert affords the loner a true getaway, a true escape from the workaday world. If your cellphone doesn't work, you have to just sit back and accept it. Railing unhappily against a lack of dial tone does little more than echo off the granite walls, or dissipate amongst the desert sage. 
There is a quiet serenity there. A lack of sound, even wind through the brush at times. How often are we in a wide open area with virtual silence as a companion.

Not often, and not often enough.















No comments:

Post a Comment