About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

LOS ANGELES, CA - CITY HALL



L.A.'s iconic City Hall tower, once the tallest building in Los Angeles.

Completed in 1928, the structure is well-known to the film and television viewing public, having been used for multiple tv show and movie sets (famously getting blown to pieces in the 1953 George Pal version of WAR OF THE WORLDS).

Although eclipsed by steadily taller and more imposing structures since 1968, City Hall stands aside the rest of downtown, still imposing and beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment