About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pic of the Day: North Shore, Kauai




It's no secret that the island of Kauai is one of my favorite places on Earth. There is a beauty and serenity here unmatched by all but a handful of other destinations.

The north shore of Kauai is perhaps the most beautiful part of the island as verdant rain forests slide down the steep slopes of tropical mountains, nestling up against almost perfect beaches.

Some areas are crowded, but there is always a quiet cove to be found for a few moments' peace.

This is a view of Makahoa Point looking eastward, just a few miles past Hanalei. That structure you see on the far peninsula is the St Regis Princeville Resort.

Isolation -- just a short distance from ostentation.







No comments:

Post a Comment