About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Pic of the Day: The Cozmic Cafe



I love finding cool little downtowns and places to eat, shop and tour. In the town of Placerville, California, is a building which was the home of the Placerville Soda Works -- a structure which is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The building was placed at this particular location to take advantage of an abandoned mine shaft for cool storage, and now houses the Cozmic Cafe, a wonderful little coffee shop with tasty (and healthier) foods all day long.

If you get a chance, wander back into the bowels of the building to see the entire thing, as well as the entrance to the mine shaft. It's really an unexpected adventure. (Just don't get lost...)







No comments:

Post a Comment