About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pic of the Day: Fishing at Cape Leeuwin

    

We encountered this old duffer fishing in the Indian Ocean near Cape Leeuwin, the most southwesterly point in Australia. A famous lighthouse rises over the low lying shrub, warning ships away from a spectacular and rocky coastline. Surfers were plying their trade in this inlet as we paused for a while just to enjoy the crash of waves against the rocks.

We never saw this guy haul anything in, but he kept at it the entire time we were there and probably long after.




No comments:

Post a Comment