About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Pic of the Day: That Voodoo That You Do



Several times while walking around downtown Portland I saw people carrying one, two and sometimes three large pink boxes. 

Finally I asked a local and was told they were coming from Voodoo Doughnuts...a local confectionary outpost which had garnered some media attention for the variety of donuts they create. As with all such things they got very trendy very quickly, resulting in long lines out the door and down the block.

Still haven't tried them, but you have to admire a business where the advertising line is "The Magic is in the Hole!"




No comments:

Post a Comment