About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Friday, April 1, 2016

THE DAILY ESCAPE: DECISIONS, DECISIONS



There are days I go to put up a post when I have no idea what I'm going to use as my photograph. I simply go into the archives until something catches my eye.

Other days, it's completely planned out.

This one is in the middle. I wasn't sure what I was going to post this morning until I remembered having been editing this shot a day or so ago. My wife and I are going through a bit of a rough time courtesy health and Mr Murphy, who has a law of which you might not want to run afoul.

So we have to find humor where we can. In this shot -- one which initially doesn't seem to betray any potential for humor -- it kind of snuck up on me.

This is from New Orleans' St Louis Cemetery #1, just adjacent to the French Quarter.

If you scan the items below you will find a few things that would only be found in a Big Easy graveyard: Feathers, Beads and Bacardi.

Laissez les bons temps rouler, y'all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment