About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

QUOTE #3 - Terry Pratchett



“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” 


 From Terry Pratchett's book A HAT FULL OF SKY (an evocative title in and of itself). We return from our journeys different than we were when we left. No one can venture forth to experience the world and come back unchanged.









No comments:

Post a Comment