About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, July 10, 2017

EXPLORING ALLEYS - OLD TOWN NICE, FRANCE




One of the most charming aspects of the French Riviera is the cosmopolitan city of Nice. One of my favorite spots on the planet if I am to be honest about it. 

And among Nice's highlights, perhaps its best, is the wonderful old town section: Vieux Nice.

Occupying a central spot along Nice's impressive and expensive waterfront, the old town section is filled with alleyways and town squares featuring a variety of restaurants, nightlife and bohemian shops begging to be explored. 

Daytime or night.

Or best yet, instead of wearing out your shoes, pull up an alley side table at one of the dozens of sidewalk family-owned establishments. Order a fabulous meal and sit sipping coffee 
while you people watch and absorb the local "atmosphere".











No comments:

Post a Comment