About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

OSTEND, WAIHEKE ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND - OSTEND MARKETPLACE



One of my favorite things to do while traveling is finding farmer's markets, flea markets, art shows and other street fair activities. It's a fun way to learn about the local culture, interact with people and generally have a good time people watching.

This is Waiheke Island, which sits twenty or so kilometers miles away from Auckland. The ferries from the main island will often teem with daytrippers getting away from the city life, and enjoying things like Waiheke's shopping, beaches and the very popular Ostend Market, where they say you can find "everything under the sun" -- kind of a fun pun considering a good portion of the show is outdoors.

Which reminds me it's Thursday, which means our OWN local farmer's market runs this evening. 

It's what's for dinner....




No comments:

Post a Comment