About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Friday, June 26, 2015

SO...WHAT'S WITH THE DIFFERENT HEADER PICTURES?



I've been asked a couple of times if there's any significance to the images I use for headers on all of my blog entries.

Easy answer: yes.

There are three images I use, and each one denotes a different kind of blog entry.


This image, my original "Thumbnail Traveler" logo, generally indicates it's a travelogue -- a post dedicated to a single location with some narration on our adventures there, etc.






This image, me in front of the Mendenhall Glacier in Alaska, is used to indicate a Picture of the Day. The pictures I use are random things which aren't necessarily portfolio type shots, but give, I think, a good indication of a place or somehow tell a story.








This logo, which is more or less the default Thumbnail Traveler logo these days, is used to indicate an opinion piece, whether it's a commentary or criticism -- this means I'm writing as a consumer or traveler, not as a photographer.











There is a fourth image I've started to use, and you won't see it here. I'm starting up a second travel page dedicated to my thoughts and views regarding being a passenger/customer of the airline and airport industry. ASK THE PASSENGER 

Kind of my own response to the ASK THE PILOT and various "Opinions of a Flight Attendant" pages that are out there. This is that logo, and a link above to the ASK THE PASSENGER Facebook page.



So...there you have it. It's "what's up" with the header pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment