About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pic of the Day: A Dream Fulfilled



I have written a few times about the need to set specific Life List goals and work to achieve them -- No Opportunity Wasted, as TV presenter Phil Keoghan would say.

A lifelong dream of mine -- since early childhood -- was to walk around the stones at Stonehenge. It was a mystical thing, and reinforced every time I watched a documentary on England, or Stonehenge itself.

As we approached our plans for our 30th Anniversary, we decided upon London for our next adventure. We'd been there for a few days in 2001, but otherwise never been to the UK. But to me, Stonehenge was a must-do. 

We discovered one very specific tour which would allow you to wander the grounds, and immediately booked. At 54 years of age I am still, thankfully, capable of awe and wonder.

Stonehenge did not disappoint.

(I will blog a lot more details of our visit at some point in the next few weeks.)


No comments:

Post a Comment