About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, June 15, 2015

30 Years of Happiness and Travel


Wine and dinner in Whistler, Canada


Thirty years ago today I married an amazing woman who is my love, my best friend and my soul mate. She is everything one could want in a wife, and more.

As this posts, at roughly 7:30am Pacific Time, we will be already up and at our anniversary day, celebrating the event in London. Plans are for a vow renewal with our friend Lindsay, a priest with the Church of England, officiating. Then off to an evening at the pub with friends for a night of mayhem (well, at our age maybe "hem" is more appropriate).

But for me, the most important part is the fulfillment of something I wondered when we were young and freshly married: what would we be like, what would we be doing in thirty years.

And answering my 24 year old self: We're having a great time.

Here are a few of our many adventures over the years.


Wedding day. June 15, 1985
In Monet's Garden, Giverny, France


Crossing Abbey Road
On the tundra, looking for polar bears

My wife counseling turtles in the Cayman Islands

Swimming with dolphins in Puerto Vallarta

Glaciers in the Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska

Ballooning with Jim and Glenda
Times Square

Whitewater Rafting in Northern California


The Yukon. Of course.

Snorkeling on the Na Pali Coast, Kauai

Chilling out on St Barth

Swimming with manta rays off Kona

Seattle Underground with Ray and Vicky

Our first big trip: Paris

Venice gondola ride

Bandolier National Monument, NM
The Grand Canyon


At the Sydney Opera House

Sunset atop Blackcomb Mountain, BC

Riding a fan boat in the Everglades
Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
The Colosseum, Rome

Visiting Washington, DC








Celebrating my 54th birthday at Disneyland Resort. Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. ...30 down, and 30 to go, and the journey is traveled by twos.

    ReplyDelete