About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

A FASCINATION WITH TRAINS



I am unsure of why, exactly, it is that we all seem to be fascinated by trains. From the streetcar to the large multi-mile freight trains that criss-cross the globe, humans seem to have a loving relationship with this mode of transportation.

As a young kid we would often go to the nearby train tracks to await the passage of the 6:00pm train to the city, or whatever the local equivalent was.

At some point a trip from Chicago to Portland or Seattle is on the bucket list.

I love trains. And it seems everyone else does as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment