About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

BURIAL AT ARLINGTON

A very personal page today. Click on any image to enlarge.






As promised, here are a handful of shots from my 
father's burial in Arlington National Cemetery.

He was laid to rest on January 5, 2018

This page is a tribute to him and to his memory.


The Navy Chaplain talking to my sister and brother-in-law.

Delivering the first part of the sermon indoors

The honor guard awaits

Navy seamen gather the casket

Carrying to the grave site

The flag folding


Lone soldier waiting to play taps

21 gun salute

taps

Folding the flag

Presentation to the Commanding Officer

Presentation to my sisters

The honor guard retreats

The serenity of the cemetery







2 comments:

  1. Never more to land...we honor the sea with his memory, and call to all who serve...thank you for your service...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts are with you. Heroes never die, they live forever. ❤️🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete