About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018: THE YEAR AHEAD





As noted a few days ago, 2017 was a year best left deeply in the rearview mirror. Tomorrow I leave for a five day visit to Washington, DC, to bury my father. The last of the tasks left from what I noted was a sad time around here. But if nothing else, I am an optimist. Therefore, let's look ahead to see what the new year promises.



In less than a month my wife and I are taking a much-needed vacation in one of our favorite places, Maui. Given financial considerations we're relying upon flier miles and a timeshare, but we're allowing ourselves a few splurges along the way. We've already booked a photographers' high-speed whale-watching trip. Followed the next day by a dinner cruise. Given my family's history with the sea it seems fitting our first real vacation in a while involves a lot of water.



Later in the year plans are pending for a trip up to Vancouver, also one of our favorite places, to burn off some airline tickets that were put on hold given my father's at the time failing health. We're not sure if that well be a land-bound trip, or used to burn off some cruise ship credits. Stay tuned.

Along the way we've committed to taking weekend trips, up and down the coast, as well as our usual Vegas excursions. And adventures around our own area. God knows LA and Orange County are rife with opportunities to explore and experience.

And a few martinis, of course

In other words, trying to get back to what was considered "normal" a few years ago.

And you can, of course, read all about it here.

Thanks for continuing to visit and read.

And Happy New Year. Welcome to 2018.









No comments:

Post a Comment