About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

WE ARE DRIVEN



Okay, so I'm using what may have been the world's worst automotive tag line for today's entry. 

(Datsun, now Nissan, used this campaign in the late '70s. At the time I'm sure they were delighted with the puns involved. I'm normally a real fan of puns, but puns don't convince me to buy a car. BMW's "The Ultimate Driving Machine" does. Acura's "Precision Crafted Performance" does. The late and lamented Pontiac's "Now the excitement really begins".

(Yeah. "We are driven" is more like a shrug than an enticement.)

Which is well beside the point. Today's image is from a road trip. As any frequent visitor will acknowledge, I'm a fan of road trips. Just finished a big one a few months ago.

So as we head into the fall travel season I'm planning a visit to one of my favorite road destinations: Joshua Tree National Park. More on that later.

But for now, an image from a previous visit.


Joshua Tree National Park. From the road.







1 comment:

  1. "See The USA In Your Chevrolet"...1950's Dinah Shore Show.

    ReplyDelete