About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

EAT LOCAL


Road trips are often adventures into local towns and local cuisine.

Friday night I was at the James Beard Foundation fundraiser in downtown Los Angeles, and was talking about this sort of thing with one of the vendors there (Tabasco Foods booth). Being from New York he had traveled quite a bit but this was his first time here in La La Land. Accordingly he had asked for a recommendation about a 'really L.A.' place to eat.

And that's the key. Find yourself someplace local, someplace unique.

Because, after all, do you really want to travel all the way somewhere, 
just to eat at a restaurant you have back home?



Burrito and fries - The Belmont Brewing Company, Long Beach





No comments:

Post a Comment