About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, June 19, 2017

WINE REGIONS - MONTEPULCIANO, ITALY



I'm getting bored, so I figure you must be too.  Let's change it up. Starting today shots for s given week will follow a specific theme. Favorite cities, buildings, natural wonders, etc. And instead of a single shot, I'll be putting up small collections for more of a feel for a place.

Week One: Wine Regions


These barrels and tasting room are underground in a cool storage area just off the main square of the town of Montepulciano, Italy. Smaller and less well-known than the others I'm covering this week, Montepulciano nonetheless produces one of my favorite wines: Montepulciano D'Abruzzo

If you're a fan of peppiery and more organic red wines, try the D'Abruzzo if you see it on a menu. It's a wonderful accompaniment for tomato-based Italian meals (aren't they all?), particularly spaghettis and lasagnas. At least in my experience.

Area tours are available from nearby cities and Rome, or you can "do it yourself".








No comments:

Post a Comment