About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

HISTORIC TOWNS - GHOSTS OF THE PAST IN JEROME, ARIZONA



"Ghosts of the past"...yes. Literally.

Jerome is reputedly one of the most haunted places in the western United States. The town was founded as a mining community perched precariously on the side of a mountain, overlooking the Verde Valley far below.

And, as will happen in mining communities in the 1800s through the 1950s, a lot of people were injured and died, the majority of them in the massive hospital ominously poised on one of the highest points in town. That hospital is now the beautiful and haunting Jerome Grand Hotel.

Poeple who stay at the hotel, particularly on the fourth floor, report, well, some unusual things to say the least. Whether you believe in ghosts or merely think it's all a product of the imagination is up to you.

As for me, I think next time we stay we're going to stay off the fourth floor. Just to be sure.










No comments:

Post a Comment