About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

South Sawyer Glacier


A three hour ride from Juneau, Alaska, and deep into the heart of the Tracy Arm Fjord lie the twin North and South Sawyer Glaciers. The South is by far the more spectacular, reaching -- at least when we were there in 2004 -- nearly a mile across and hundreds of feet high.

I understand it's a bit less impressive these days, but no doubt still wrath the journey through some of the most stunning natural scenery in the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment