About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pic of the Day: Next Up, Panama Canal


Though I am not a "cruiser" per se, my wife and I do occasionally go on a cruise if there is something in the ship's itinerary that appeals to us and is something worthwhile.

Other than one weeklong cruise down the Mexican Riviera (notable for introducing us to our traveling friends and partners  from Perth Australia), our to-date four cruises have been to celebrate another friend's 40th birthday; to explore the Croatian and Italian coasts; to attend yet two other friends' wedding. As noted, the Mexican Riviera cruise brought us traveling companions, so it earns its place.

One of my NOW Life List goals is to transit the Panama Canal. In January we will do just that. It's been a desire for me since I was very young, and in the spirit of Do It NOW, we're doing it.

More updates to come, but cruise #5 promises some true adventures.



Cruise ship passenger photographing Messina, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment