About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Pic of the Day: The Cold and Blustery Day



I first ran across the word "blustery" in the A. A. Milne classic Winnie the Pooh stories. A cold and windy sort of weather, usually typified in the fall. Where leaves of many colors can be spread across the lawn just days after you've raked them up. 

It's the sort of weather settling in across much of the US and Europe these days, even here in Southern California. The sort of weather best handled indoors, with a nice fire and cup of hot chocolate (or tea if you dislike sweets).

It's autumn. And it's about damned time.

(This shot, however, is from the very blustery shore of North Carolina, along the Emerald Isle looking out over the Atlantic Ocean.)




No comments:

Post a Comment