About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pic of the Day: Kelbaker Road



I love a good desert drive and this is one of my favorites. Kelbaker Road stretches from the town of Baker -- well known to people on Interstate 15 as pretty much the only gas and restroom stop between Barstow and the Nevada state line -- straight south to intercept Route 66 a few miles to the east of the small town of Amboy.

Named for the towns of Baker and Kelso (a train stop pictured in the distance) it is a wonderful drive of straightaways, curves and an ever-changing terrain. Cinder cones, lava flows, rock formations, sand dunes and granite peaks can be found in this stretch of the Mojave. 

I think it's time for a road trip...



1 comment:

  1. I remember the viedo you did of Cris' wonderful song "Calling You" from her CD...could you download that again.

    ReplyDelete