About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pic of the Day: All About the View



A while back I wrote a short blog entry about some of the most spectacular views I've had from my hotel room window. And more than a few have been stunning: natural vistas of ancient places such as Monument Valley; city views of Manhattan, Rome or Seattle; tropical forests, waterfalls and seas. 

At the other end of the spectrum have been sagebrush, parking lots and busy streets. Once, in Miami Beach, our ground floor room looked into an alley with the back door to a night club's busy kitchen across the way. Not a lot to see. Not a lot of sleep that night.

And then there's this one. 

I'll let you guess where it was, but fortunately we only stayed there a couple of nights. 

The room was okay -- just...don't look out the window.





1 comment: