About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pic of the Day: Blast from the Past




Living, as I do, under the departing flight path for Long Beach Airport, the subject of aircraft noise is a touchy one, inciting all sorts of hot opinions from both sides of the argument.

But the one thing I think we all agree upon is our love of the deep, throaty rumble of World War II era aircraft which visit our fair city a few times a year. B-17s, B-25s and other vintage aircraft show up for various air shows, wowing the crowds and neighborhoods with their presence.

It's one of my favorite aircraft-related sounds.






No comments:

Post a Comment