About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pic of the Day: Parrots


Whenever I go to the more exotic locales -- Australia, Central America, the Arctic Circle, the Caribbean, etc -- I love seeing the local wildlife. Animals we cannot see in the wild here in Southern California. This is one of the driving motivations behind three of our N.O.W. Life List projects: an African safari; an cruise down the Amazon; and Antarctica.

Recently I posted a photo of a polar bear taken in the far north of Canada. Switching climate zones, I present a pair of parrots from the Mexican Riviera Maya, near Tulum. Unlike the bears, these were domesticated and not terribly interested in eating us for breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment