About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pic of the Day: Cuppa Joe


(Continuing this week's inadvertent foodie theme)

Like millions of other people around the globe, my day starts with a cup of caffeine. Or three. Hence my personal travelers'  mantra: "All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee".

(Heck, one of my favorite travel programs is Todd Carmichael's DANGEROUS GROUNDS, which deals with coffee, danger, and exploration all in one hour.)

When I'm traveling, particularly if it's purely an adventure day wandering around and exploring my surroundings, one of my favorite things is to find a local coffee house*, plunk down a couple bucks for a cup -- sometimes splurging on a latte, as below -- and watch the people and world go by.

Vancouver, BC, is a city with a terrific coffee (and tea) tradition, boasting some wonderful local options such as Gastown's laid-back little Smart Mouth Cafe, or the larger Caffe Artigiano regional chain of higher-end coffee houses (cup below). Just googling Vancouver BC Coffee yields a treasure trove of local options -- and this can apply to almost any city, anywhere.

Coffee. It's what's for breakfast.



*Sorry Starbuck's. I can, and sometimes do, get your coffee when I'm on the run. But not when I'm exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment