About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, February 8, 2018

CHECKING OUT THE LOCAL MUSIC SCENE




Being more than just a casual music fan - my wife is a professional jazz singer - I am fascinated by the music scene. The diversity and quality of talent all around the world is both phenomenal and exciting. It's something I look for when I'm at a particular place.

The below shots are from an evening of music in Austin, Texas - one of the many homes of music across the world - and was going on in the back room of a restaurant a group of friends and I were visiting. I heard the music and moved to check it out, discovering some genuine talents in the room.

It's a fun thing, and no matter where you may be headed there's some sort of music being played.

Check it out. It's a great way to immerse yourself. And maybe meet somebody new.








No comments:

Post a Comment