About Me

My photo
Welcome to the online blog for traveler/writer/photographer Steven Barber. Come in. Relax. Take off your shoes and socks -- or any other article of clothing, this is the internet. Have a look around. I hope to intrigue, amuse, entertain, and maybe provoke you just a little. I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

UPON THE OCCASION...



By the time you read this I will be on the road up the side of Mount Haleakala, the tallest peak on the Hawaiian island of Maui. I am ascending the dormant volcano, doubtless with dozens of other people, seeking one of the most beautiful sunrises on planet Earth.

I have been fortunate enough to experience it once before. But today is rather special. It's my 57th birthday, and I can think of no better way to start my day and year off than with a trip to the summit.

It's a spiritual and cleansing thing I need to do after a couple of rough years. Today we are renewed.

Hoping for clear weather. 





No comments:

Post a Comment